iBUILT is transforming the way the world builds by integrating technology, standardized design and industrialized offsite manufacturing to deliver better quality buildings, more safely, quickly and efficiently. We are rethinking the entire design, development and construction process and developing a state-of-the-art technology platform that will seamlessly integrate planning, design, detailing, offsite manufacturing and onsite assembly to create buildings that are more sustainable, meet the highest standards nationally, and are “smarter” than those that result from a traditional development approach.
We are looking for an MEP Engineer to lead the in-house team to develop mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC designs and contribute to the engineering of modular buildings. As senior MEP engineer you will have primary oversight over a team of engineers and draftspersons in designing mechanical designs for volumetric steel modular residential, commercial, multi-family, hospitality, retail and industrial buildings, both in traditional construction modalities, as well as through new innovative modes and methods using new materials and technologies to create better, stronger, lighter, more-sustainable, water and mold resistant, energy efficient buildings.
You will work collaboratively with our outstanding team of dedicated creative teammates, including architects, fabricators, contractors, and other engineers, in the development of new company standards.
The successful candidate will be required to have a PE accreditation and will sign/seal project documents when required.
Responsibilities will include preforming MEP engineering calculations and performance simulations including sizing, selecting, and specifying mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems and components and ensure designs are compliant with the company’s principles of design for manufacturing, assembly, and systems integration; preparing drawings; developing and monitoring proposals; scopes and budgets.
This position requires proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, Revit, as well as Structural design software (such as Autodesk Advance Steel, Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis, Risa-3D, Parametric 3D Cad, Solidworks FEA)
● Professional engineering license
● A minimum of 10 years of experience in MEP engineering and at least 3 years of experience leading a project team
● Design experience in multi-family, residential, commercial and industrial buildings
● Experience with steel structural systems
● A core understanding of current design codes, e.g. ASCE 7, OSSC 2014, ACI 318, etc.
● Experience applying new technology, software, and scripting to improve traditional design, manufacturing, and construction processes
● Execution of the MEP design and engineering on at least one building project over 100,000 square feet
● Experience with VRF mechanical systems
● Experience with modern plumbing and fire safety systems
● Experience with the design of electrical systems
● Interest or experience with prototyping and developing new products or design concepts
● Familiarity with industry standard design tools (Revit, AutoCAD, etc.) , as well as Structural design software (such as Autodesk Advance Steel, Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis, Risa-3D, Parametric 3D Cad, Solidworks FEA).
● Detailed knowledge of IBC and UBC families of codes
● Project management experience including task allocation and supervising junior engineers
● Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with others in a positive and professional way.
● Strong interpersonal skills – Motivating, influencing the team to meet or exceed goals in a positive manner.
● Detail oriented and strong documentation skills.
● Willingness to show past experience actual, hands-on project examples.
● B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University; MS a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package – as well as a once in a lifetime opportunity to wake up every day knowing that you are an important and appreciated part of a passionate team of professionals on a mission to change the world!
Please attach your resume, cover letter, and include links to your portfolio or other social presence. If you want to show your superpowers in other ways – include that information too. You can be sure that iBUILT is an employer who values individuality, equality, and diversity, so tell us what you are all about. Verifiable references will be required and checked.
Please note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
iBUILT is an equal opportunity employer.
Work Authorization: Must be authorized to work in the United States
Education: B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering from an accredited University; MS a plus.
Work Location: This position is primarily remote at this time, but may require periodic visits to our Berwick offices located at 499 W 3rd St, Berwick, PA 18603.