iBUILT is currently accepting applications for an MEP Engineer to work as an integral part of our Design and Engineering team in Berwick, PA or New York, NY offices. We are looking for an MEP Engineer to be part of our in-house team to develop mechanical, electrical, plumbing and HVAC designs and contribute to the engineering of volumetric steel modular residential, commercial, multi-family, hospitality and industrial buildings, both in traditional construction modalities, as well as through new innovative modes and methods using new materials and technologies to create better, stronger, lighter, more-sustainable, water and mold resistant, energy efficient buildings.
You will work collaboratively with our outstanding team of dedicated creative teammates, including architects, fabricators, contractors, and other engineers, in the development of new company standards. The successful candidate will be required to have a PE accreditation and will sign/seal project documents as required.
Responsibilities will include preforming MEP engineering calculations and performance simulations including sizing, selecting, and specifying Structural components and systems and ensure designs are compliant with the company’s principles of design for manufacturing, assembly, and systems integration; preparing drawings; developing and monitoring proposals; scopes and budgets.
This position requires proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, Revit, as well as alternative MEP based design software.
Please note: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with others in a positive and professional way
- Must have 3-5 years’ experience in MEP engineering with design experience in multi-family, residential, commercial, hospitality, retail and industrial buildings
- Must have a core understanding of current design codes, e.g. ASCE 7, OSSC 2014, ACI 318, etc.
- Experience applying new technology, software, and scripting to improve traditional design, manufacturing, and construction processes
- Interest or experience with prototyping and developing new products or design concepts
- Familiarity with industry standard design tools (Revit, AutoCAD, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of IBC and UBC families of codes
- Preferred: Experience with Steel Volumetric Modular Construction
- Preferred: Experience with automation of Engineering Tasks
iBUILT has a mission to re-think construction by introducing new building technologies, materials, construction processes and design. All while reducing completion time of construction projects in half as compared to conventional on-site construction.
We need talented, professional individuals to help us reach our goals. If you want to join a team of superstars on a mission to change the world – and if you know that you have what it takes to get the job done – then we welcome you to apply with your resume and a letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for this exciting opportunity.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package – as well as a once in a lifetime opportunity to wake up every day knowing that you are an important and appreciated part of a passionate team of professionals.
iBUILT is an equal opportunity employer.
- Full-time, office based
- P.E. required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited University; MS a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk
- Must be able to lift to 10 pounds at time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off